The Documents feature is used to present PDFs and images in a simple, easy to navigate format. This feature is extremely flexible, and can be used in countless ways to add value to your event app! For information that is best in hard-copy form, or as a quick way to upload documents that you don't have time to input in another feature, the Documents feature can't be beat.
For instructions on implementing this feature, and ideas for how to use it, check out the below. 👇
Enable the Documents Feature
Add the Documents feature to your feature list, and click Edit on the Documents icon. You can either click New Item, or click Upload to add documents in bulk.
If you use the Upload option, the Name field of the item will be populated with the file name. If you click New Item, you will be able to fill in the below fields:
Enter the name of the document here. We recommend that you keep this short and simple, and include any additional information in the Label/Subtitle field.
Enter any additional information that would interest attendees in this document.
Select the Category that this document is in, if applicable. Attendees can use categories to filter on the documents they want to view.
Click Upload and upload the document. You can upload PDFs and images!
Add Internal Links
Internal Links link to areas inside of your event app, such as a document to a session. This allows for easy navigation to related items in the app, creating an intuitive experience for attendees. For more info on internal links, check this out.
Examples of the Documents Feature
- Session Materials - Add all session presentations in PDF format for easy review! Or, include any resources or reference documents that attendees should use during the session.
- Attendees List, Map or Agenda - Yes, we do have features for these...but for the attendees that ask about a hard-copy form, it's nice to be able to point them here!
- VIP Docs - Consider using the Documents feature for any group-specific information that is best available in hard-copy form, such as a VIP party flyer. Use the Visible to setting to ensure only the Groups who need it can see it. Want more info on Groups? Check this out!
- Menus - Are you the type of person who has to check the menu before you go? There's at least one in every crowd. Consider uploading the menus ahead of time to help those folks out.
- Event Rules and Logistics - Does your venue already have this info in PDF or image form? Make it easy for yourself, and upload it directly! This is a great feature to house the WiFi, dress code, and parking info.
Pro Tips! 😎
- Let attendees know that all documents will be in the event app. Increase event app adoption, and save money on paper!
- Tell attendees that presentations will be uploaded to the app after the event! Once you have them uploaded, send an announcement letting them know.
For a personalized discussion on how the Documents feature could be used in your event, reach out to your Socio contact!
Questions? Chat Us or Email [email protected]