The Single Document feature is used to present a PDF or image in a simple, one-click view. This is similar to the Documents feature, but with only one document that launches immediately. This feature is extremely flexible, and can be used in countless ways to add value to your event app! For information that's best in hard-copy form, or as a quick way to upload a document that you don't have time to input in another feature, the Single Document feature can't be beat.
For instructions on implementing this feature, and ideas for how to use it, check out the below. 👇
Enable the Single Document Feature
Add the Single Document feature to your feature list, and click Edit.
Click Upload and select the file. You can upload a PDF or an image file! Then click Save Changes.
⭐️ The Single Document feature is very similar to the Documents feature. The biggest difference is, when an attendee taps the Single Document feature, the document opens immediately. When an attendee taps the Documents feature, they see the documents in a list, and must click a document to open it.
Examples of the Single Document Feature
- Welcome Letter - A quick letter from the event organizer, premiere sponsor, or CEO can be a great way to get attendees excited and make them feel welcome.
- Attendees List, Map or Agenda - Yes, we do have features for these... but for the attendees that ask about a hard-copy form, it's nice to be able to point them here!
- Seating Chart or Table Assignments - Save yourself time in escorting folks to their seat, and make it easy for them to get where they need to go all by themselves.
- VIP Doc - Consider using the Single Document feature for any group-specific information that's best available in hard-copy form, such as a VIP party flyer. Use the Visible to setting to ensure only the Groups who need it can see it. Want more info on Groups? Check this out!
- Menus - Are you the type of person who has to check the menu before you go? There's at least one in every crowd. Consider uploading the menu ahead of time to help those folks out.
Pro Tips! 😎
- Let attendees know that the document will be in the event app. Increase event app adoption, and save money on paper!
- Click the Settings icon on the feature to edit the name and icon. You probably don't want the feature to be called Single Document... 😉
For a personalized discussion on how the Single Document feature can be used in your event, reach out to your Socio contact!
Questions? Chat Us or Email [email protected]