RTMP (Real-Time Messaging Protocol) allows you to stream to a separate channel—in this case, Socio! You can send a stream from a third-party broadcasting software via RTMP directly to Socio.
Socio's RTMP Player maintains a constant connection with the broadcasting software you choose, allowing the protocol to act as a pipe and rapidly move video data through to the viewer. You can think of Socio's RTMP Player as the video player that users will see, whereas the broadcasting software is the studio you use to craft that video.
⭐️ Keep in mind, the RTMP Player is an additional cost add-on feature. You pay for the RTMP player based on the number of viewers, whereas the broadcasting software will typically be a flat fee or monthly subscription cost.
Benefits of RTMP
- You can ditch the meeting software altogether. With Socio’s RTMP player, you can utilize an agency or audio-visual company for higher-quality, professionally produced video.
- RTMP opens the door for additional sponsorship opportunities, since you can weave in sponsor commercials, branded banners, and other promotional materials.
- RTMP is also more stable than many streaming options. That means you can stream confidently — in HD — to a small group, or tens of thousands of attendees.
- RTMP is a future-proof solution for hybrid events. It’s the only way to realistically sync multiple speakers and locations, which is key in producing an engaging experience for in-person and virtual audiences.
- With our session chat functionality, you can use RTMP to broadcast with your preferred streaming option, yet still pair it with a live session chat for a streamlined attendee experience.
⭐️ Keep in mind, the RTMP Player does not record content. If this is important to you, we recommend checking with your broadcasting software to ensure that you can record through that software.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, reach out to your Socio contact! For more info on broadcasting software and how it connects to Socio's RTMP Player, check this out.
Questions? Chat Us or Email [email protected]