Zapier is a global remote company that allows end users to integrate the web applications they use by providing an integration platform. Users can access web apps built by different companies and create an automated workflow (Zap) by themselves.
Zapier allows users with limited technological know-how to easily navigate and build integrations themselves. This is achieved by hiding the complex application programming interface (API) behind a friendly user interface. Its step-by-step approach guides even the most inexperienced user to build out integrations in no time.
How does Zapier work?
The simplest Zap requires two components - a trigger and an action. A Zap is first triggered by a specific condition, then followed by the preset actions.
You'll be tasked with creating your own integration/workflows. Don't worry if you are new to Zapier! To help you jump-start, you can schedule a 45 minute call with one of our integration specialists to receive a quick training or answer your questions.
The Socio Zapier App
The Socio Zapier app provides a list of frequently used functionalities to customers. It includes both basic and advanced functionalities. We've also hidden a few complex integration options, such as personalized agendas, which require a conversation with one of our integration specialists.
Currently, we offer the following functionalities through Zapier:
- New/Updated Attendee - Triggers when a new attendee joins the event or when an attendee's basic info is updated. Returns basic attendee info.
- Search Attendees - Find an attendee by key, optionally create one if none are found.
- Search Sessions - Find a session by external ID, optionally create one if none are found.
- Search Items - Find an item by external ID, optionally create one if none are found.
- Create or Update Attendee - Creates an attendee in an event. If the attendee already exists, update the attendee record.
- Create Attendee - Create a new event attendee.
- Update Attendee - Update an existing event attendee through their Socio ID.
- Remove Attendee - Remove/block attendee from an event.
- Create Session - Create a new session in a selected agenda component.
- Update Session - Update an existing session in a selected agenda component.
- Create Item - Create a new item in a selected list (speaker, sponsors, etc).
- Update Item - Update an existing item in a selected list.
Sample Use Cases
- Google Sheets to Socio
- Salesforce to Socio
Below is a list of Zapier Apps that have often been used with Socio:
- Google Sheets
To access and utilize the Socio Zapier App, you must purchase an API key from us. The Key lasts for a year. Reach out to your Socio contact for more details.
In addition to the API key, you must pay Zapier for using their services. Please refer to their pricing guide for more detail.
Zapier Resources and Help
Questions? Chat Us or Email [email protected]