We needed an immediate solution, and meeting software quickly became the go-to answer. But it was never really intended to power events, especially complex events. With this release, we're ripping off the bandaid solution and giving you the ideal solution you really need: Socio's RTMP Player.
Don't worry, you won't be losing out on the chat functionality that meeting software provided — we added session chat too. 🙌
Our end-to-end event management platform now supports Real-Time Messaging Protocol (RTMP), allowing you to host virtually any streaming option within the Socio event management platform.
Why is this awesome? 🤔 Let me count the ways...
- You can ditch the meeting software altogether. With Socio’s RTMP player, you can utilize an agency or audio-visual company for higher-quality, professionally produced video.
- RTMP opens the door for additional sponsorship opportunities, since you can weave in sponsor commercials, branded banners, and other promotional materials.
- RTMP is also more stable than many streaming options. That means you can stream confidently — in HD — to a small group, or tens of thousands of attendees.
- RTMP is a future-proof solution for hybrid events. It’s the only way to realistically sync multiple speakers and locations, which will be key in producing an engaging experience for in-person and virtual audiences.
- With our new chat functionality,👇 event organizers can use RTMP to broadcast with their preferred streaming option, yet still pair it with a live session chat for a streamlined attendee experience.
For more info on the new RTMP Player, check this out.
With the new Socio chat, each session has a dedicated chat feed. If your event has 15 sessions, you can have 15 unique chat streams. The chat feature lives in the same screen as each live stream, so attendees can participate in the chat without navigating to another window.
Event organizers can use RTMP to broadcast their preferred streaming option, yet still pair it with Socio Chat for a streamlined attendee experience. Post-event, organizers can download the chat logs to follow up with attendees, or for lead generation. Attendees who watch the event on-demand will be able to see the original chat logs for a more engaging experience.
⭐️ Keep in mind, you must update your app to the latest version in order to use the new session chat.
For more info on the new session chat, check this out.
Questions? Chat Us or Email [email protected]