The Web Link feature is used as a direct button to any hyperlink. This feature is extremely flexible, and can be used in countless ways to add value to your event app! For a quick way to link to information that is best presented in another website, or for outside information, the Web Link feature is a perfect solution!
For instructions on implementing this feature, and ideas for how to use it, check out the below. 👇
Enable the Web Link Feature
Add the Web Link feature to your feature list, and click Edit on the Web Link icon.
Simply enter the link in the Link field, and click Save Changes. It's that simple. 👍
Optionally, select the checkbox to open the link in an external browser. Otherwise, attendees won't even leave the app when they click this feature!
⭐️ Keep in mind, you can use the URL to send data parameters from the app. Check out this article for more info!
Examples of the Web Link Feature
- Event Website - Ideally not necessary, but hey, sometimes this is simplest! We've got your back. 👊
- Join Community - Do you have a product forum or event community? Highlight that here!
- Live Stream - This is the perfect feature to link to a Live Stream of your event. Combined with the other features in your app, it'll be just like they're there in person.
- Live Polls and Live Q&A - Link to your event's polling and Q&A directly from the app! Want more info on Live Polls and Live Q&A? Check this out.
- Event Registration - Add a link to your event registration site to make it easy for attendees to do everything necessary for your event, right from the app.
- Google Map - Add a link to your customized Google Map, with the event venue, surrounding restaurants, hotels, and more. You can even monetize this feature by offering a "pin" for your community sponsors!
- Restaurants List - Do you know of a top restaurant website or blog for your city? Don't recreate the wheel - link to it from the app.
- Buy Tickets - Allow attendees to buy tickets to your event, or VIP party, directly from the app. Make it a goal that they don't have to leave the app for anything. 👍
- Donate - Link to your donations website directly from the app!
- Photo Gallery - Link to your Flickr photo gallery from last year's keynote, or your Facebook album for the welcome party.
- Direct Link to Document - Yes, we do have a feature for Documents...but if you want a direct link to open a single document, consider linking to the doc on a hosted site!
- Book a Cab - Make sure attendees get home safe after your welcome party. 🍸You can even monetize this feature by partnering with a local cab company!
- Book a Hotel - Have a room block at a local hotel? Want to encourage folks to stay onsite? Add a direct link to a hotel's registration in the app. Consider monetizing this feature by partnering with a hotel in the area!
- Sponsor's Website - Make it easy to learn more about your premier sponsor by giving them their own icon. This is a great option to offer for top sponsorship tiers!
- Playlist - One of our customers used the Web Link feature to link to a Spotify playlist they specifically curated for their event. #eventgoals
For a personalized discussion on how the Web Link feature could be used in your event, reach out to your Socio contact!
Questions? Chat Us or Email [email protected]